Monday, February 28, 2011

Fiction vs. Nonfiction


Students were given a variety of books that were both fiction and nonfiction. They were asked to look them over and compare and contrast them. Students excitedly poured over them. After table discussions, the class generated a list comparing fiction to nonfiction. This poster was generated and is a good tool to refer to when determining if a book is fiction or nonfiction.

2 comments:

  1. I really like how you give the students books to compare and contrast, I usually have a whole class discussion on the differences between fiction and nonfiction and then create a chart, but your way really bumps up their thinking! I also have students put their thinking on a Venn diagram - I would like to see their diagrams after they explore fiction and nonfiction books with a buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. It helps me too. :) Found this and pinned it on m Pinterest.

    From one teacher to another. THANKS.

    Elizabeth

    Silver's Reviews

    ReplyDelete